Thanks for that. I was surprised both at the VCI being highish - was expecting it to be lower - and to be honest I was expecting a higher PRI but with the same sort of FSIQ.

Her memory for other things is very good, her teacher says she can remember a list of 40 or so spelling words in order without difficulty (her spelling is also good). However she's very logical and analytical and loves numbers. After a bad day some numbers based puzzles or online maths really cheers her up.

If she needs to be reassessed it would be interesting to see how things pan out with a newer test. I'm really hoping all will be well (naive much?) and retesting won't be necessary. I think she fits the school stereotype of a "gifted" child well though - she's not so gifted that she can't be catered for by an ordinary curriculum with some extension (maths), she's engaging and chatty and she's motivated and works hard.

I can see how her working memory strength would be more obvious with numbers though. She's suddenly found she can read very quickly as well although her big sister can do this as well (and so can I) so it's not unusual for us.