Sorry for my delayed response on this, I lost my password lol.

Now that you've put it that way, I'd say my rote memory is not very good and I don't attend well. Usually I try to only use rote memory for key concepts like in foreign language classes. I do have a lot of knowledge, but now that I think of it it's mostly just because as a kid I was obsessed with things like atlas's, biographies, and history books, etc. so I already knew most of the facts.

A lot of times my memory is only good when I'm deeply interested in things, or when I use logical memory, like on my exam when I think (fovea-->narrow visual field, rods) and things like analogies. I'm having some trouble in my new Spanish class because I hate all the tedious memorization, but I do pretty well on the tests simply because I can use logic to narrow out my options. Like the test will use a word, and I can tell by the way its worded whether it's an adjective or verb and figure out what it's not the answer to...and just repeat it until I come to right answer. I sometimes say "I'm good at using the test to cheat off the test"