Hi,

After you spoke with the teacher about just letting him pick out toys and playing, what was her response? I would go with your gut and move him to a more play based situation now if they are not interested in letting him play/experiment with things on his own.

Writing your name with a mix of small letters and capital letters is totally fine at 3. My DD who is 5 and in kindergarten still does this occasionally. If DD were 3 and she wrote her name and someone drew an "x" next to it and told her it was wrong I would not be happy.

Penmanship is not language arts. If the school wants him to work on language arts why don't they let him draw pictures, make up stories/books, read level appropriate books, dress up and make plays or build things and explain or talk about them?

I think at 3 your DS should be somewhere that encourages his interest and love of learning and makes him feel happy. Right now it sounds like this preschool is a place where he feels sad and pressured. I wouldn't back up the teacher here, I'd just say "bye!".

Last edited by eyreapparent; 11/13/14 04:47 AM.