I know it is really hard to find a "right" preschool, and sometimes you thought it is "right" and turn out it is not.

After researching for a year, I finally choose a christian base preschool which use Montessori materials in classroom for my "mathematics talent" DS3. It should be a prefect choice as my son doesn't like to play with "non-educational toys" (sorry for the "educational" i mean here is sth related to academics) like figures, trucks and pretend-play toys.

However, I am thinking to change his preschool now as I found that the school give him too many worksheet. The reason is that he is so into writing and after assessment, the teacher would like to focus him on language art (as english is his second language) and actually there is no other maths toys suitable for his level. I did tell the teacher that I prefer social interaction, so it is okay to let him just pick some toys and play with other kids, but it seems doesn't work in Montessori preschool.

He started writing his name when he was 2.5 yrs old with mixing of upper and lower case letters (and he write all the words with a mixing of U/L case too), so the teacher draw a cross next to his name and his words and ask him to practice again. He is so sad when he telling me that teacher said he is wrong and have to write lower case letters instead (i am surprise that he totally understand what the teacher said). Would like to ask should I support what the teachers do in class and ask him to write it "Correctly"? Is it too early as he is only 3 now, and he enjoys writing so much.

I am thinking to switch my son to a playbase preschool to improve his social skill and avoid those worksheets, not sure if it a good choice, any experience and advice? Thanks.

Btw, there is a funny story about this. A few days ago, my son asked me to draw sth, and then i drew it wrong and said, "Oh no! Mommy draw it wrong",
DS3 said, "if you draw sth wrong, you should multiply it!"
I said, "What??? Multiply it???!?!"
DS3 said, "yup! multiply it, teacher also did that" and then he drew a cross next to where i made a mistake :P