Originally Posted by readermom123
Flyingmouse I think that's a great idea but I'm not sure we can implement it just yet - do you know if these sorts of things are usually a health insurance type of thing? I looked up a few online and they seem to start at 4 years old instead of 3 but I'll keep looking a bit. DH is unfortunately transitioning between jobs at the moment and our health insurance is probably going to be expensive and not so great for a bit.

Thinking about it, we really don't do that many playdates with other kids, which is my fault. I think that for now I'm going to concentrate on setting up playdates and 'getting him out there' a bit more and see how that plays out and maybe add a sports team as well if we can swing it.

Oh I wanted to add that after talking with his child psychologist (which is really like my psychologist because most of the time he it out of the room while I'm discussing his issues/needs with her and then I cry. LOL), she suggested that we start him in sports and keep preschool at 2 days a week-because he needs something non-academic to bond with other children, something that levels the playing field. I love this idea and that's my next goal. I just posted in the Tests and Assessments forum a post about how we just got approved to have him evaluated by the public school system if you would like to read about that.