So I met with DS's preschool teacher this morning just to check in with her about the social stuff. She said that he needs to be redirected back to the group activities A LOT which I guess is kinda what I see too. I don't think it has much to do with the activities being too easy because it's also games and things like that (and I've seen the same sort of thing).

She did say that he pals up with one little boy to play trucks on the playground but that he doesn't want to join in with the other two boys that are more interested in Power Rangers (he has no idea what those are so I'm not super shocked). So I think it's more that he likes to share that activity than that he's playing exclusively with the boy (he does mention this boy a lot). She did say that she didn't think it was a concern and she isn't worried about him. Also confirmed that he's a smarty-pants and said that sometimes she asks him to stop answering things in class so that other kids have time to answer but that others she can tell he's the only one thinking through the answer to a question.

So I'm not 100% sure what to do at this point but it seems like just watching and seeing how things go is probably a good idea. I may see if I can arrange some playdates with other kids one our school directory comes out. I do really like his teacher and his school and I think it's a good place for him right now.