It goes from bad to worse for my DD - and from exasperating to infuriating for me. I am told she is 'very slow' to complete her work. Work she completed once already a full year ago. Exactly the same workbook. Which she declared 'too easy' a year ago. No one suspects boredom as a cause, because the oodles of equally 'bright' kids in the class are just zipping along. I'm only hearing about her 'very slow' work speed after expressing concern about academics. I must remember to keep my head below the parapet in future, lest I make things worse for my child.

And isn't that the worst of it? My child is being penalized because her parents are attempting to ensure sufficient challenge. At a school which purports to value that sort of thing. All of those promises of differentiation have turned to dust because one administrator thinks her job is to disprove every external test result that crosses her desk.

I'm not sure I need advice so much as a hug. I am failing miserably as an advocate for my child, and have actually made things worse for her. I'm not sure that all the emails and meetings in the world can fix this, and we're only a few weeks into the year. Am I wrong? Are 99.8's really that thick on the ground?