My dd13 is in the G&T program. She is one of 6 kids who have all signed up for the program this fall. The other students are in the traditional Laurel Springs program. I can't tell the difference. I am trying to see where the extra tuition costs are worthwhile. The other 8th graders are also taking HS credit courses and have identical assignments.
I have been assured that there is customization but I haven't seen it as of yet. My dd has dyslexia and loves math. With the heavy emphasis on writing everything out, she is frustrated. I think she would be happy to show her work but a typical assignment involves taking an algebraic word problem, solving it and then making up a scenario in which the formula and solution would be used. Meanwhile, she solved the problem in her head in 2 seconds and will spend 10 minutes formulating the "essay" in the response.
I also don't seem to get a detailed answer beyond its customized from the Coordinator. If anyone has insight, I would appreciate their input.