I'd also caution re: credentialing in the sciences-- many colleges won't accept online coursework, even if it (nominally) "includes a lab."

I'll say this as well-- given our experiences with Connections (a quite similar model-- albeit with a lot more emphasis on stupid multiple choice assessment)-- I'd be reluctant to sign on to spend SO much $$ just to effectively homeschool. Just, you know, without the choice of curriculum and activities that one can enjoy as a real homeschooler.

It's not that I think this kind of thing is bad, exactly-- it's just that most of what the organization/school has to say about it is pure marketing hype.

As the previous poster noted-- it's homeschooling. If you lack expertise in an area (whether that is math, literature, grammar, foreign language-- whatever it is)-- plan to hire a tutor. More $$.

Honestly, the math instruction with Connections (and, it sounds like, with LS as well, which comes as little surprise to me) is inferior even to Khan Academy, which I (personally) consider grossly inadequate as college preparatory mathematics.

I've not found a completely satisfactory online alternative that leads to a high school diploma, however. LS is no worse than Connections, for sure, and in some ways better. Just be prepared for the cost to be kind of staggering given what you get out of it.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.