Hey Polarbear -

You know in the middle of our K drama, I was told that there is actually a law in California that says a child cannot be denied recess as a punishment. As a new member of this board, I promise to make a contribution by looking for this law. This form of punishment really is so very counterproductive.

Scribing and keyboarding. Easy, and I'm going to start NOW. Same for asking if he can bring work home. I ASKED for that last year, but his ridiculous teacher wanted to keep him under her thumb. A fat lot of good that did. He is not so easily broken, I'm afraid .... Actually - I'm not afraid of that. I'm glad.

Thanks also for the headphone idea. He might just go for it. On Labor Day, we did a behind-the-scenes tour at Monterey Bay Aquarium. Absent the headphones, it was like a bomb going off - both in the public areas and behind the scenes (think "pumps"). He was never distracted for a moment in an hour-long tour. Without the headphones - forget it. For him, and for me! But I never would have thought of applying this in class. Brilliant! Not so sure about the leo idea though ... ;0

I don't if it's obvious from my words, but you guys are all giving me so much to feel better about. Thank you.

Sue