Hi aeh

Thanks for the input. We are awaiting the final written report. But the preliminary report included the following. We didn't get a composite score, though, for reading/writing. Is that something we should ask for?

The WIAT-III subtests that look like reading and writing achievement were these: Early Reading Skills - 99; Spelling - 104; Oral Expression - 114; Listening Comprehension - 146.

The WJ-III subtests were these: Writing Samples - 106; Letter-Word Identification 101; Word Attack - 109; Spelling of Sounds - 102. Also (though not strictly reading/writing) - Understanding Directions - 76.

Also - On the Gray Oral Reading Test he scored below 20th percentile on all subtests.

Re the other tests you mentioned:

On CTOPP he had too many errors to even be scored.

Beery-Buktenica Visual Motor Integration Results were: Visual Motor Integration 64; Visual Perception 120; Motor Coordination 84. These results are very confusing to me. Among other things, the kid is athletic and coordinated. He's been riding a bike with no training wheels since he was 4, and he regularly hits 45 mph pitches from a pitching machine. And he has great fine motor skills when it comes to Lego or drawing things he is interested in drawing.

There are several other test results, but none with the initials PAL or PAT.

Any further feedback you can provide would be so appreciated. Also can you expand on why the PSI is less concerning for a 6-year old?

The more I look at this information, the more confused I get. Of course I hope and trust that the final report will explain things in detail, but I'm having a hard time waiting because school is already going badly.

I'm getting so anxious even as I type this out .... Ugh.

Sue