Thanks Val, wise words - I will keep them in mind!

Blackcat, yes, just one test and I did shared them with the teacher when we met initially requesting the 2nd year testing. She scored 99.7% percentile in math for 1st grade norms. Yes, computerized testing would have been preferable as she speed through 2nd grade EPGY material in a very short space of time. I showed her the report but it didn't stand for much.

Colinsmum, yes, very embarrassing but more frustration! I have posted that DD is not especially mathy in the sense that she is not at 4th 5th grade level and she doesn't have a passion for numbers, but she picks up concepts very quickly. She just can't seem to get past memorizing the tables. Prior to meeting the teacher I printed off the 2nd grade state standards to see how she would do and she missed a couple of questions.
Mostly the issue is that now with common core, and more so with gate standards in this school, she must be able to write down the solutions in a clear concise manner and "prove it". True, she needs to work on the written portion; this will need to second nature to her if she is to continue at this school. I just know she is going to be bored and frustrated.