I know there is the obvious engineer, architect, artist, etc. but I'm looking for more specifics, as well as other activities for kids with this strength. I signed the kids up for a short Robotics course over the summer and they enjoyed it. Whether it will be a long-term interest, I don't know. They are too young (7 and 8) to pick a career, but I feel like I should at least be introducing them to activities that they enjoy and are good at that may ultimately lead to a career. A kid who has talent in music can say "Sign me up for piano!" but with certain talents it's not obvious.

With my two kids I see different visual strengths. Both LOVE Minecraft, and have been playing since age 3 or 4, but DS7 excels with actually building things. If he decides to build a ship, he whips one together in seconds and it actually looks like a ship. DD8 builds as well but she is not as adept at designing/whipping things together. DS also has an uncanny ability for memorizing maps, and then drawing maps from memory. DD can't do that at all. He has fine motor issues so his drawings look scribbly, but when he's putting in effort and not scribbling, they look very sophisticated. Like he'll draw a train from the front and it actually looks like a train.

DD on the other hand HATES drawing. Where I see her strength is pattern recognition, like matrices. We have a game called "Squares Up" or something which is like a 2D rubics cube and you race each other to solve your own cube. I don't even bother playing it, because before I've even started, she is done with hers, and then attempting to help me with mine. She was able to read upside-down in preschool and she can easily see if a number or letter is backwards even if it's upside-down. DD seems to do better than DS in terms of strategy games, and I can see her possibly doing well with games like chess, but haven't done too much with it yet.

Anyone have ideas in general, or for each specific kid?