Hello All,

Wondering if someone might be able to help with these raw scores?

WISC-IV RAW SCORES DS 4.5 (UNOFFICIAL/NOT VALID)

Subtest
Raw Score

Block Design 14
Similarities 20
Digit Span 15
Picture Concepts 10
Coding 22
Vocabulary 19
Letter- Number Sequence 3
Matrix Reasoning 15
Comprehension 8
Symbol Search 13
Picture Completion 10
Information 9
Arithmetic 10

SB-V RESULTS VALID BUT NO REPORT/never used

SB5
1. Fluid Reasoning = 41
a. Non- verbal FR = 26
b. Verbal FR = 15
2. Knowledge = 46
a. Non verbal = 16
b. Verbal = 30
3. Quantitative Reasoning = 26
a. Non - verbal = 14
b. Verbal = 12
4. Visual - Spatial Processing = 29
a. Non - verbal = 16
b. Verbal = 13
5. Working Memory = 23
a. Non - verbal = 11
b. Verbal = 12

Overall Non- Verbal = 83
Overall Verbal = 82
Full Scale = 165

BACKGROUND sorry a bit long: DS is possibly 2E, we are waiting for appointment with neurologist but have already submitted various forms. DS diagnosed with vision issues about 3 months AFTER this kindy testing.

These scores are from a very unique situation we were in, while in Asia a couple of years ago, when my son was only 4.5. While living there for a couple of years, the topic of sending my son to Kindy there, came up.

We were at a Private School for entry testing with SB-5. During our first visit - while there, a 6 year old was being tested for 1st grade placement - the boy was very shy. They asked my DS if he would keep this boy "company" until the boy's test.

Well, time came and my DS wanted to be tested like the big boy. He was apparently about to cry and throw a wobbler. The psychologist had a junior colleague training at the time. Because my son was so "cute" & "smart" they decided to let him test with the WISC-IV for training. They took the boys to separate rooms according to our nanny who was allowed to stay nearby. I only found out about this later when they brought him back to the parents waiting area. The results are not technically valid. I was given the scores verbally, as they said it cannot be used (obviously).

I did not think much of it at the time, because we took the SB-V results as the correct one. We were not given a report, I only got scores, these were for entry into that one school only. Which we ended up not sending him there, homeschooling instead. I only noticed these now since I have been digging up various notes for his upcoming eval.

I am now very curious as to what might the scaled scores, etc. would be with these raw scores IF THESE WERE VALID. He was tested as "6" year old. Hoping one of the forum experts might want to chime in? We don't know what upcoming tests will be scheduled yet, but we are expecting one of them to be IQ.

Edited to add: Also meant to ask about the SB-5 scores as well. I did give both of these notes to the tester's office, but we are told wait times can exceed 5 months! So just very curious as to what picture this paints of my child back then, that could be related to what we are seeing in him now.

Thank you all so much in advance. Although I lurk (due to extreme social anxiety) most of the time, I am extremely grateful to everyone that shares their life here for everyone to learn from and to all of you that take time out of your lives to help people like me.

All the very best,

Lucky

Last edited by 2xLucky; 08/08/14 02:43 PM. Reason: added paragraph

Mom to 2E DD1989 and homeschooling DS2008