The initial pages at login look different, but the lessons are identical. I think whatever setting were made in the SSA account remain active, since I had set my DS an assignment to start on a particular lesson (unrelated to grade placement), and thay's where the lessons start.

The lessons themselves look unchanged.

"I couldn't find where or how to set up the parent account." Me neither. I found this.
http://support.giftedandtalented.com/hc/en-us/articles/202758840-How-To-Adjust-Grade-Placement-
I don't know if/when there will be "parent accounts" or what their capabilities are compared to SSA accounts. Losing the ability to customize my kids' courses is a big problem for me.

It looks like language arts now goes up to 7 instead of 6, but algebra will go (for new subscribers to independent study).

It looks like instead of $135/10months=$13.50/month (for math K-7 language arts 2-6 and algebra), the new prices for independent study are
$60/quarter=$20/month for math K-7
$60/quarter=$20/month for language arts 2-7
$90/quarter=$30/month for both math K-7 language arts 2-7.

Current subscribers keep their current subscription and courses until the 10 months expires, so we can still use the algebra. But I've actually decided to get the AoPS book and do algebra with that instead, since AoPS is what we'll be using for all the higher courses.