Originally Posted by madeinuk
Questions for those with experience of EPGY...

Unless I have misunderstood things the open enrollment Maths only goes up to 7th grade. Did I misinterpret something?

Also, looking at the instructor led classes, I see that English Grammar is delayed until 7th grade.

Is this stuff actually aimed at gifted students? If so, how rigid are they about the grade versus the ability level?

TIA

Yes, the Independent Study math which replaces Open Enrollment only goes up to 7th grade. Algebra is now only tutor supported. I can't say how the new program will approach grade level in light of ability level. In the former program, students in OE could take a placement test and take math according to their ability regardless of what actual grade they were in. They could also move through grade levels as quickly as their ability levels allowed. I can't speak to the new program. I can tell you some of the parents who joined my EPGY OE group switched from instructor supported because it was much easier to get changes in curriculum pace and other settings through me than through versions in their school or through tutor supported. However, as I said, I can't speak to how accommodating the new Independent Study or Tutor Supported courses will be.