Got it now. Some aspects of the three LTR narrow abilities grouped as learning efficiency on the current McGrew/Schneider model are addressed on measures of memory and learning, such as the WRAML-2, CVLT, CMS, and WMS-IV, of which the most comprehensive is probably the WMS-IV, valid only for age 16+. Second would be the WRAML-2, which is my go-to for memory assessment (partly because of my population).

I guess I think of the strategies you are identifying as memory training as compensatory strategies (when taught to students) or accommodations (when scaffolded by staff), which I do often suggest in the recommendations section of my evaluations. And I agree that systematic instruction in these techniques is a bit spotty, despite the long history of active listening/reading approaches (KWL, SQ3R, etc.). Here and there, I find a high school English teacher who explicitly teaches one or more of the strategies to every class, but more often, my recommendations are applied (sometimes grudgingly) only to the special education students for which my evals are written.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...