Originally Posted by Portia
DS is intense, we have discussions about balance. He also is good about saying when he needs a break from something. He seems to be very in tune with what is a good challenge versus too hard for him at the moment. (Which, I confess, is also why I freak out when he regresses just prior to a growth spurt.) I assumed it came with LOG. I guess maybe that is more personality and I'll have to watch it as he ages.

I never figured out anything to do with balance or with the level of challenge required.

My early life approach was more pouring 110% into whatever it was I wanted, working under the presumption that I could run at 110% forever because I absolutely awesome, and then completely crashing. Also, then then having no idea how to recover because my level of resilience was about zero.

I assume if you figure out how to learn actual intensity coping skills you avoid becoming me.

In terms of the regression, I think it has more to do with gathering psychological energy before the growth spurt. That part seems pretty normal and healthy to me.

So, rather than worrying you, you should use it as a tell to recognize that a growth spurt is coming.