I see my son's "giftedness" when he is really enthusiastic about something he enjoys.

I don't know if I'm gifted, but I do know that I'm intelligent. It started to show up more around the 3rd to 4th grade, when I became really interested in reading for pleasure. My vocabulary and writing skills built up quickly. Up until then, I wanted to be outside to explore and run with the neighbor kids.

My point is that children are on a different timeline. Often you hear about gifted children being interested in mainly academic or intellectual pursuits, but I think that all people are on a different timeline.

You "might" provide a bit of supplementation in reading or math (something interesting- not too "school") to see if your kids pick up on it. I'm thinking more along the lines of math games or broadening reading horizons. My opinion is that the elementary school curriculum is a bit boring- depending on the teacher of course. Maybe your kids are underachieving?

Second that there might be subtest variance that could be holding them back. I would definitely look at those subtest scores and ask for interpretation.