Hi,

I haven't been on here in awhile, but am happy to be back. I am still worn down by my DD7's intensity, energy, and attitude. She cannot stop singing, or humming, or talking, or wiggling, so much of the time. We put her in theater and she is quite talented and gets nice roles, sings solos and has a very lovely, mature voice so I feel awful that I beg her to stop singing all the time, but she sings in an operatic voice or Broadway showtunes style all the time and in tight quarters. She is highly energetic enthusiastic and extroverted which I find draining. She tries to talk with me almost constantly when she is home and seems very restless at home. We had testing done when she was younger, and they focused on her giftedness and said, yes, she has some symptoms of ADHD, but she is such a charming, fun girl, it is nothing. Her 2nd grade teacher also kept saying, she is just caught up in all her thoughts, while telling me she is disorganized, absent minded, careless in her work etc. We have not gone back for another evaluation in years and I wonder if it is worth it. She did do OT for sensory seeking, and I wonder if that is worth pursing again. It is like she has this electricity in her body. It courses through her body and her hands flutter and shake. She is happy most of the time which makes me feel bad that I get stressed around her because it feels like sensory overload for me. I am home with her and a younger, easier sibling from afterschool to bed time every day and all summer.

I guess I am just looking to commiserate on what it is like parenting this sort of child and ways that people cope with it.

Last edited by TwinkleToes; 05/16/14 02:11 AM.