Originally Posted by Portia
Originally Posted by somewhereonearth
What I am realizing is that I am afraid of homeschooling DS for the long haul. I actually LOVE homeschooling him. He loves it too. I just don't see how I could possibly be qualified for the whole run of it.

This. I am here too. I did not expect the learning rate to be so incredibly steep for such an extensive period of time. I had thought I would be able to provide for several years. Now I am deeply concerned about that.

No advice. Just letting you know you are not alone.

Oh thanks! This actually makes me feel a little better. DS doesn't seem to ever break a sweat on anything. It is amazing and scary at the same time. He will be 8 and starting algebra and I assume 2-4 months after that, on to the next thing. (And he still asks me, "when does any of this actually get hard?") We've been doing high school chemistry this year too. Nothing too challenging - except related to writing and executive functioning, of course.

My husband likes to point out that he thinks that I am far more qualified than most teachers to either teach my son or to outsource a particular subject to an appropriate teacher. That makes me feel better since DH is PG and skipped multiple years of school.

These kids are completely exhausting. So often when I come to this site, I am 15 mins before sleep and can barely get coherent sentences out. So, thanks for all the replies and I welcome more!