Our story is that my DS7 is currently partially homeschooled. He attends his public school in the morning and comes home in the afternoon to do all academic subjects. He had been accelerated in school in math 3 years. We actually made the transition to homeschool math just recently as they have stopped teaching anything new in his math class, now that the state tests are done. I started him on EPGY a few months ago as they were already slowing down and just doing test prep. To my surprise (one would think that nothing would surprise me at this point), DS blazed through another year of math in just the past 3 months.

Originally, our plan was to stick it out another year at this public school and do part time homeschool. DS loves seeing his friends and doing his special at school. As he told me recently, it's a "perfect" arrangement. After next school year (2014-2015), we were going to skip him a full year into a local private school that I was thinking would be a good fit for him (I once worked there and know that they are acceleration and gifted friendly.) Recently, I have been chatting up old colleagues and friends from the intended private school. It sounds like the administration has changed and the student population has changed. Not so gifted friendly. We were kind of full-steam-ahead for this school, as this was really the only private school in the area that I would consider - especially given my intimate knowledge of it. Now I am reconsidering. It's a lot of money, a separation from my son's friends (who he really enjoys) and a huge shift that may pan out to not improve my son's education.

My question to you all is: do I work hard at trying to establish a relationship with this private school's new administration with the hope that they will listen and ultimately give my son what he needs (the old administration would have), or do we stay put and continue to partially homeschool?