I definitely do parent differently. I support his interests and help him go as deeply into those topics as he wants to without being dismissive. I constantly try to "find the ceiling" and see how far he can go. He continues to surprise me. I give him more responsibility because I know he can handle it. I advocate for him at school because now I understand why he complains about it. I seek out classes that will appeal to kids like him. I am finding social groups to attend so he doesn't feel so different. I research constantly to try to understand what might come next, what it means, the things to watch out for, ideas on how to challenge him, and what this new normal looks like in the future. These are all the beautiful things about being blessed with a highly intelligent child. I love having deep discussions with my 6yo because he thinks as deeply as many adults. He has helped me rediscover my own love of learning and opened my eyes to my own giftedness. Testing has changed every member of our family and has made us better parents. The insight has been massively helpful in understanding his strengths and weaknesses. I knew he was bright, but testing helped me realize just how rare and special he is.

Mom to DS9 and DD6