Not trying to pick a fight. And while it wasn't a glue gun, it was one of the more innocuous items in the factory.

I am actually much calmer with the stuff my youngest does. My older two complain that I let her do stuff that I never let them do. Of course, now that eldest is off at college, who knows what she is doing...probably don't want to know everything.

But back to the original discussion, I think that if the kid looks young, I would worry about what others think. I know middle kid got some comments on stuff she was reading when she was about 12, because it would not have been appropriate for an eight year old (which folks guessed as her age). That and the fact that we have a guy on our street charged with trying to hook up with a 14 year old - and I never would have guessed him to be a predator.

We did let our eldest fly down to FL with twins she knows, to meet up with the sister of these kids, and they spent a week on their own (and mine flew back on her own). So I don't always hover over them (though I admit I sometimes do).

Last edited by NotSoGifted; 04/20/14 12:57 PM. Reason: correction, addition