What worked for my child:

Montessori (at home, since no preschool wanted to touch my child, with a ten foot pole)

eclectic homeschooling with WTM/Charlotte Mason-ey overtones,

radical acceleration (3-4y spread over six years) and virtual school.

I should also add that the longest we've ever had ANY solution fit WELL has been about 18 months. She outgrows the solution pretty fast.

Our strategy shifted at about 11yo, after six years of the above-- we need to make the "processing step" of primary and secondary education be as non-damaging as possible during the process of qualifying for higher educational opportunities via the appropriate "certification" steps (high school diploma, standardized testing, etc).

That seems to have been the most successful thing of all. It has meant admitting OPENLY that she isn't there to learn much-- just to meet line items on some form somewhere. That's fine, because it means that she understands that she isn't SUPPOSED to be (in our minds) getting a lot out of it-- just getting it done acceptably well, and not stressing out or spending much mental energy on it. If there are problems with that agenda (and there have been, such as the math or foreign language classes where the tasks were frankly impossible-- for anyone-- in light of zero teacher support or contact and not much curriculum either), then we put out fires along the way.

We've only had a couple of real stinker teachers. We avoid them-- even when it means skipping a class that she'd otherwise like to take. We've also dealt with a real stinker administrator, too-- and that was worse by far.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.