As I'm just starting on researching educational options for DS5 once we had a confirmation of G, I'm starting to see that there is such a wide range of what people are using for their child/ren. At the moment, DS's abilities are needing to catch up with the curriculum here so I'm not too concerned about his not being challenged. But I wonder if I'm just awaiting the day when we make a serious thought to switching schools if necessary, homeschooling, continue afterschooling, charters, magnet, IB, or other options. I'm already a bit unhappy about how little science he's gotten over the year, the K math that advances so slowly and is so repetitive, and our school's obsession with testing, scoring, and the drill method.

I'm curious, what ended up working best for your child at this time? What did you try that did not work out? If you don't mind sharing, when did you need to make a change (or multiple changes), and what general age or ability is your child? I have a feeling there have been a lot of changes with families throughout the educational system.

Last edited by Displaced; 04/13/14 05:36 PM.

Life is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first and then teaches the lesson.