The last time my DS was anaemic, I serious thought something was wrong with him. He played football/soccer at the time and the team manager was a school psychologist serving several high end privates near me, and we discussed in detail the possibility of ODD on a number of occasions. We also heard 'I am bored' constantly!!! I can not tell you how often, he would tell you nothing interested him.

We went to heaps of appts with different types of doctor's... they didn't find anything other than anaemia.

He is not an easy kid, has never been. That didn't change. We did work to get him more appropriate work at school as a result of testing we did trying to get to the bottom of his issues. This took a bit longer to come about, but our situation improved greatly when the anaemia was solved (before the changes occurred at school). Hyper and tired... not a good combination.

Most of your issues *could* clear up when the anaemia is solved. Like I said before, it could take a good 6 months.

Have they checked for celiac, as well (this test can take a bit longer to come back)?