I don't know about iron and ADHD meds interacting. His teacher says he isn't mature enough for a full day. I've been anemic before and it was exhausting.

Sleep works magic for him. Mid day when he gets hyper, it's a symptom of being tired and overstimulated. He awakes calm and focused. I've often heard that kids with sensory issues need a lot of sleep due to overstimulation. I've read that gifted kids can often be overstimulated also. And his class has. Lot of commotion. Lots of centers as switching. Kids in and out, two teachers etc. it would drive me crazy. I need structure and quiet to have that inner calm. It doesn't distract me, it irritates me.

I am asking the principal to move to a half day. He doesn't need the day for academics. If they would test him today he would pass all the 4th quarter requirements with flying colors. But if he was at home we would work on reading his little stories, new words, and maybe things he is interested in like geography and science.

I just wonder if he will be able to survive 1st grade. I hate all this. That's why I need this group. It's killing me to see this kid always in trouble when he is tired and bored. He wants to learn. He loves to learn but he hates school. What a conundrum.