Is there anyway you can have an adult at lunch encourage your ds to finish his lunch? Or perhaps you could visit during lunch for a few days and make sure he eats?

I'd give that a try just to see if it helps.

polarbear

ps - I'd also ask the school why wait until after the first month of first grade to write the 504. I totally understand a ton of reasons for that from the school's perspective - give him time in the classroom for the teacher to observe... put it off until the rush of school starting is over... other stuff. The thing is, I think you'd be off to a better start if you requested a 504 meeting *now* and get something in place for this year. Our experience with that whole "after the start of school" situation is that the start-of-the-year busy rush never really ends, instead the teachers are going to be finding other students to send in for testing/referrals etc so the wait can actually end up stretching out... or you might find your ds with a wonderful teacher who accommodates without having to think - which is great for first grade, but then you're left without a 504 and what happens when 2nd grade hits hard (if that happens) etc. JMO, but if a child needs a 504 plan, they need it now, not 6 months from now smile