Originally Posted by Leyla
For ADD, I talked to our pediatrician about it and he asked me to fill our a questionnaire. According to the scores in that, she doesn't meet inattentive, just below the borderline. He thinks given DD's skills in piano and her being eligible in gifted, there is not much to worry about, but watch closely etc. I am myself not too worried about this, as she is definitely improving in many ways.

Leyla, I'm glad you met with the teacher and got some answers. I hate those new 1-4 reports because I am never sure what they mean, and on top of that, our conference now are "student goal setting" conferences, which I find to be completely useless to me as a parent.

Granted, I didn't talk to your ped, but I'm a little skeptical of the apparent reasoning. My daughter is the world's most ADHD child and that hasn't stopped her from qualifying or being intently involved in activities she likes. Just saying, unless your pediatrician has actual expertise with ADD/ADHD or 2E kids, I would take that particular opinion with a grain of salt, keep my eyes peeled, and if there are further concerns, see someone who really has some expertise in this area.