Originally Posted by Leyla
I didn't show her grade report to her as well. Just two weeks ago, she had a 2 page math homework. 1 page required, 1 page optional (with challenged problems). She finished required work and half of optional part, then it was sleep time. The first thing she told me in morning was that she didn't finish the all of challenge part and if she could finish it after eating her breakfast quickly. Then she finished it proudly and went to school. And now, how can I show her the report card with actually dropping grades? :-S

Awww,sweet little thing! Yes, this is kind of what we have. DS does all of the "enrichment" He ALWAYS tris the extra challenge part of the test and will work on it for hours if allowed, etc... And sometimes I feel like all this teacher ever notices is the negative. She is very focused on what she doesn't like. (Incidentally, she was pushing the adhdh thing too.) I think for some teachers, even many teachers, the kid that gets the "4" is the kid that is "compliant." The kid that fits neatly into the box. I feel like my son's teacher, if she could, would totally say to me "I don't care how smart you kid is and how far above the others in the class he isn't a 'good little compliant boy' who sits still and doesn't argue so I am not giving him the "4." The "4" is reserved for the kid who walks down the hall with hands behind his back quietly. The 4 is for the kid who doesn't argue with me when I tell him octopi is the plural of octopus or when I tell him that "a, an, the" are not adjectives."

Last edited by Irena; 03/24/14 05:47 PM.