Hello all,

First of all, thanks so much for all support and feedback. I can not say that how much your feedback gave me food for thought.

We have met yesterday afternoon and it took me a while to absorb all the information I received from our teacher. Overall, it was great and I am so glad I met with our teacher and I believe she felt the same way.

Overall, it seems like her lack of focus pretty much dropped all her grades about 1-2 points. It seems like they have been doing STAR testing every six weeks. Even though her math results are progressing upwards (nevertheless her math grade dropped as well), there is a slight decrease in her reading tests. Even though it's not mentioned at all in her grade report, teacher thinks she is struggling with reading comprehension. Since it's her first year in gifted program, the material got much richer than last year and has been tough on many students in the class. I wish I knew about this before, so that I can help my DD in timely manner.

She suggested talking to her about focusing better and she will have a talk with her today as well. It seems like DD has been asking her to move her to another table, so she is going to move her to a quitter table. Our teacher also promised me to send her STAR results so I can monitor her progress as well (vs. having a shock moment when I see the grade drops).

As part of reading comprehension, she suggested to read poetry, fable and talk to her about those. In this area, I am looking to find a good tutor as I am no good in poetry. I feel a good/experienced teacher can help DD better than me.

Overall, I see some hard work ahead of us for DD to work on progressing reading comprehension. I also see that I will be better informed next time.