"The only thing that I can see being true is that if you have a child at this LOG who goes bad, they can go REALLY bad. In a hurry-- some of them seem to have the motto "Go big or go home."

This is me and DH. Although I don't think that I am HG+, DH is clearly PG. Both of us went VERY VERY BAD from about 8-25 yo. We both grew up in not such great family environments (putting it mildly). We both wonder what we would have been like, during the really bad years, had we grown up in loving and attentive homes. We are providing an extremely loving and attentive home for our children now (hooray for breaking those chains!!). But of course we still worry about how much was nature vs. nurture. Ex. if one of my children is as extremely sensitive as me, oh boy do we have our work cut out for us.

Thanks for the responses to my ramblings!

I guess I also wonder, those of you with HG+ kids in high school, do you find that you have to spend the same amount of time advocating and "fighting" with the school to get needs met? Or are your children able to handle that mostly on their own?

Last edited by somewhereonearth; 03/03/14 01:07 PM.