I think I (as a smart ass kid, not something your son has the inclination to do)...would have to start walking over to the para and say loudly to the whole class....I am about ready to ask the para for something that I am legally entitled to and it is a wonderful opportunity for a cooperative learning group...can I have three students who would like to accompany me and be a witness to her response....someone who writes fast will record her answer, someone who understands tone of voice can listen to how she responds, and the third person can confirm. I refuse to speak to her without witnesses anymore because the principal doesn't believe me when I say she shames me....thank you for your support. Raise your hands and I will select the witness cooperative group.

Dang when I was a teacher it went like this between me and my paras...Ms. Para, scribe this for Johnny and after that help Suzie in the bathroom and then for the next 20 minutes read this selection to Alejandro in 8 minutes read 2 minute break sessions (but use your judgement if 8 is too much shorten it when he fatigues and let me know). What you resent scribing? You don't enjoy assisting someone with a catheter, seriously? in this job market where there are 20 applicants for every job? get over it! The students didn't ask, I assigned. I mean they did ask for things but unless it was just bad timing and we had to fit it in, they got the help they needed.

Last edited by Sweetie; 02/26/14 10:32 AM.

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary