Originally Posted by indigo
"Seriously, DS? You can't write this by yourself?"... Granted DS said, it wasn't a long response. He wasn't sure how long his answer would be when he requested the accommodation and started thinking of how to answer.
I share your disappointment, and your son's discomfort when I read this.

Because we did not see the paraprofessional's face, or her body language, or hear the tone of her voice in speaking to your son, some may believe it fair and just to consider whether it is possible that the paraprofessional anticipated a task of two lines or less, and believed she was following the IEP to encourage, but not require, DS to write independently?

Parents want to be factual, accurate, and unemotional in documenting.

My son saw her face, her body language and her tone... it was annoyance and discouragement. Encourage would something like this, "how about we work on this together you write some and then I will write some ..." something like that. This is not uncommon, DS says she says it a lot. I volunteer and I know her standard "Seriously?!?" when she is annoyed. She was annoyed. Really tired of no one believing my son. He is not cognitively impaired. He's gifted. He is very very perceptive. He knows when he is being shamed. No wonder pedophiles in schools and elsewhere get away with what they do for so long. I can't even get people to believe my child when he says a teacher says discriminating remarks.