I suspect DD has another issue besides ADHD causing slow writing and slow processing. I don't think she would qualify for an IEP because her achievement is so high, but we need to figure out what to put in a 504. But everyone in the district seems so inept no one would know what to test for. The special ed administrator (who has obviously worked in special ed education), didn't know what dysgraphia is. No one seems to know basic disabilities. And he didn't suggest evaluating her even after I kept going on about the child find mandate and how at some point someone is going to sue the district.

Are parents who are stuck in this situation just forced to pay for a private eval? If I say that I'm going to do this because they are inept, they will say "Ok, so you're waiving your right to an eval then." But then if I do agree to an eval, they will do an eval that's not appropriate and that stuff will be stuck in her school records. How would they evaluate for a disability if they don't know the basics of disabilities or testing?