So I wanted to come back and touch base on this.

Thank you for all you input.

We had her vision checked and she is farsighted, has convergence insufficiency and sees double. She now has glasses and a weekly appt. for vision therapy and after about a month of treatment there is some mild improvement in her eye turnout.

I showed the scores to my shrink, who is also a pediatric and adolescent neuropsych, and he said something like, "this is classic non-verbal learning disability but the school can't diagnose it because all they have is a school psych and you need a clinical psych to make a diagnosis" along with "anyone who knows what they are looking at seeing these scores knows this is not a normal brain. Brains are not supposed to work like this." and "long term you are probably going to need an advocate to sit in on meetings with you." The good news is he confirmed my town is one of the best in the area for meeting needs of special needs kids; it's the gifted portion that we're going to have to fight for when we get there.

She is on the wait list for the developmental pediatrician.

Audio books are apparently acceptable if they are Harry Potter. It's non-stop Harry Potter all the time in our house now.

So we are making slow and steady progress.