We just got the "official" diagnosis and test results for DD7 after 3 years of steadily increasing educational supports.

Verbal Comprehension (VCI) 150 (>99TH)
Perceptual Reasoning (PRI) 94 (34TH)
Working Memory (WMI) 97 (42ND)
Processing Speed (PSI) 112 (79TH)

The school is offering a dyslexia diagnosis and an IEP. They seemed a little surprised by the VCI ("I have never tested a child who scored that high on verbal comprehension in 20 years.") and I'm looking at them thinking, "Did you think I was lying or delusional when I told you she likes me to read Harry Potter out loud to her and that, yes, she follows the story and can extrapolate larger themes if asked?" I realize it's unusual for a child to comprehend at a level so far beyond her decoding level but it isn't unique!

I suspect the scores of parts of the test that required pencil and paper work are depressed because she has fine motor control issues. Not truly awful but noticeably below that of her peers. The school offered no ideas as to why they thought there was such a large scatter between her VCI and PRI scores other than some tepid "maybe she was getting bored" throwaways. I suppose, the dyslexia diagnosis is their answer though, honestly, they were not clear on how they had gotten to that point. It wasn't a wholly satisfactory meeting in that it was clear they had some to their conclusion, which conveniently was the one I wanted them to come to, and were just going to read the reports to us .

At this point I have her scheduled with a developmental optometrist to do a thorough vision workup, not just a nearsightedness screening to rule out physical eye issues. I'd feel a bit awful if she were struggling with visual distortions that can be compensated for and I didn't check into it. I admit I didn't bother mentioning this to the school as things like the colored overlays are not wholly accepted.

Twice-exceptional, here we are.