Irena, are you looking for apps to write math out or are you looking for math practice apps? There are tons of those practice apps! For writing out elementary school math (add/subtract/multiply/divide, carry etc), Panther Math Paper is the "best" app I've seen (quick qualification here - I haven't looked at many... otoh... I haven't found many to look at... but by the time our ds had an iPad he was in algebra so I never really looked into elementary-level needs.

DS has an app called "Equation Editor" (I think - he's at school at the moment so I can't check) that he can use to put together equations with notation, but Panther Math Paper will do this also. DS also has looked at a few graphing apps, but he prefers to graph and do most of his math work by hand, in spite of his dysgraphia.

Does every student in your ds' class use the class iPads, or are they only for students who need them for accommodations? What type of things do they use the iPads for?

FWIW, my ds uses Pages and Keynote for word processing and presentations (but he's in middle school). He used to use Co:Writer on his laptop but doesn't like the Co:Writer app on the iPad because it's not accessible inside other apps like it is on the laptop. He's mostly happy with the iPad word prediction. He also prefers the built-in iPad voice-to-text to Dragon on the iPad. He prefers a blue-tooth keyboard to the touch-screen keyboard.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I will say that, for ds, as an older student, it's not the variety or cool-high-tech whatever of apps that provides ds with what he needs for accommodations - he uses a small set of fairly "normal" apps that folks without disabilities also use - it's the accessibility to be able to use his iPad all the time that is key.

Best wishes,

polarbear