Originally Posted by Dude
DW consulted with me, and I stated my position: I do not want DD to attend any tutoring, as this would be an indication the school could use to show how DD was not ready for 4th grade, and should be held back.

So now I'm anticipating the possibility that DD comes back with subpar LEAP scores ...

But, WHY? Why would you not want your DD to have tutoring. You/your wife/an outside math tutor could tutor her in fractions or whatever area she needs help in and NOT let her school know about it. So, you are helping your DD and ensuring a good LEAP score and not give the school any ammunition to fight with you about holding her back a year. It makes more sense to help your child now and what she does in her private time is not the school's business.

If I were in your shoes, I would buckle up, tutor my child, ensure that there is no justification for holding her a year back from the school's point of view and save my energy for a bigger fight with this school which is sure to come down the line.

Ofcourse, I am not an involved party and I may be missing some piecs of your story, in which case, please ignore my post.
Good luck.