Another example (but every child is different): I was told by preschool teacher than k would be a disaster. I didn't "hear/ understand" what she said. Ds went to k. K was a complete disaster. He was in the "high" group, but what they did was soo excruciatingly repetitive. Ds had a hard time understanding why the other kids didn't read or do math or whatever. (When assessed professionally, reading was end of 3rd, math end of 2nd- with no real exposure, play.) whether other kids were at that level, I'm not sure. However, that was not the kind of instruction he received at school. At that point, I really started after schooling to his interest; and struggled to get through.

(We were promised things would be better in 1st.) they are better, sort of- because the teacher is kind. Yet, not socially or academic frown

So, now, my dh and I are trying to decide what is best. (I want to homeschool.)

In sharing our experience, if you want to try school, it may work. Just have a back up plan if it doesn't work, have a back up plan. If you want to homeschool, go for it! Everyone here who home schools, seems quite happy!

Keep us posted!