sciencelover, what type of professional did the evaluation in June? It looks like you have the typical suite of tests that might be included in a neuropsych eval - was it a pediatric neuropsychologist?

The one thing that I see in the tests from June is that there is possibly a fine motor challenge (evidenced in the discrepancies in the Beery subtests). Your ds' working memory and knowledge categories are also quite a bit lower than his other scores on the SB-V. I am not really familiar with the SB-V so don't know which type of subtests specifically go into which category, but it might be useful to post actual subtest scores here, not just the categories. When you see deviations greater than 1.5 SD (1 SD = 15-16 points on the SB-V, I'm not sure exactly which) it *might* be indicative of either an LD or some type of other challenge. If there is one subtest that is timed and relies on fine motor skills, it would be interesting (and possibly informative) to see if it has a relatively low score.

The "Knowledge" category on the SB-V is also low relative to the othe

The "response set combined" on the NEPSY is also very low relative to his other scores. I don't remember what that subtest measures, but you could google for an explanation of it and try to see how it fits in with what you know and have observed with your ds.

Re what other possibilities - chances are there are quite a few other possibilities. Symptoms and behaviors that are reactions to challenges can overlap between quite a large number of challenges. Some of what you've written above sounds very much like my ds who is dyspraxic and dysgraphic and also has an expressive language disorder. He was also given a diagnosis of ADHD when he was young yet the ADHD "symptoms" disappeared when we discovered he was dysgraphic and had appropriate classroom accommodations in place. I wouldn't make the leap to dyspraxia right away though - these same symptoms could be caused by many different things. FWIW, I had heard the same thing about ADHD meds that you've been told - if you try them and you *don't* notice a difference, that means it most likely isn't ADHD. I don't know how true that is, but that is what we were told by our ped for our dd who was suspected of having ADHD.

He takes a long time to do homework, even things that are easy for him.

Are you sure the things you think should be easy for him really *are* easy for him? I also thought this about my ds in first grade - he was refusing to do math worksheets that were sent home for homework. They were *easy* and he's really good at math. I knew he knew how to do the math. What I didn't know was that he couldn't *write* and that writing was painful for him. It wasn't the math that was the challenge, it was the writing. Deconstructing all the steps in any one given assignment might help understand why he's refusing to do the work. Also look for patterns in what he refuses to do. Our ds sometimes could sit down and complete a writing assignment, sometimes couldn't (more often couldn't). When we looked (over time) at the assignments he was struggling with vs what he could actually get started on and work through - it was the open-ended writing assignments that were difficult (actually impossible in early elementary). Those related back to his expressive language disorder, but it wasn't until he was around 9 years old and finally figured out how to tell us (parents) that he just didn't know what to say that we realized what was happening with writing wasn't *just* about writing, it was a larger issue with expressive language, which is where working with an SLP helped tremendously.

I am going to be back in a few minutes with some more thoughts - need to run at the moment.

Best wishes,

polarbear