I've been complaining about DD's sleep schedule forever but I forgot to update that she now sleeps 11 hours straight at night. We start our bedtime routine around 8:00 PM and she is in bed by 9:00 PM. We read about 5 picture books and one chapter book together then she falls asleep around 10:00 PM and then stays asleep until 9:00 AM.

No change in routines, diet, or anything else that I could think of except for eliminating her naps altogether but even then, it took some time for her to settle into a schedule.

The play-based preschool we finally found insists that she takes a nap with everyone else from 12:30 to 2:30. I'd be picking her up at 12:30. There is no way I'm going to stay up with her until 3:00 AM.

Old Dad, yes, I am quite familiar with being too afraid to drive from sleep deprivation. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone and I don't understand why anyone would want to have more than one child. I cannot do this all over again. We have other reasons for not having a second child but even without them, I cannot put myself through 3 more years of no real sleep while parenting DD and a newborn. Not possible.