Go back to your tester. Our WJIII (v2.0) results provided both Age Equivalency *and* Grade Equivalency.

-- -- --

I took a very purposeful route with the school's group considering the skip for DS. They weren't too keen on a skip at the outset... but when faced with my mind-blowing logic, they were cowed into submission.

Basically, it went like this.

Me: "Yeah, his scores are absolutely off the charts... Wowsers! Why, my 8yo ended up with Grade Equivalencies of 12.8 - 13.0 across the board!!!!"

Me: "Of course, it would be patently ridiculous to even consider putting DS in the 12th grade, right? Even considering those amazing scores, no one would suggest for a minute that he's ready for 12th grade or beyond."

Them: "Yeah, that would be totally unreasonable."

Me: "BUT -- I have to believe a reasonable person would look at this and be able to determine that, based on those same scores, he is not likely in an ideal placement currently, right?"

Them: "Ummm..."

Me: "In other words, just as it would be absurd to look at the results and suggest 12th grade, it's equally absurd (to me) to look at the scores and suggest leaving him where he is (4th)."

Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house. - Fran Lebowitz