Can you ask to see the book/curriculum for the remainder of the year in 2nd grade math? Honestly, I think that counting by 2 in 2nd grade math is a huge red flag of a low-level curriculum for any children, not just high ability kids! But never mind that for now... I think that knowing what the remainder of the 2nd grade curriculum is would be helpful in knowing for sure whether or not your ds belongs in 3rd grade math, or whether or not this is just a temporary blip leading into a deeper concept (stretching here lol!) with the count-by-2 worksheet.

I also think that if your ds is blurting out of turn, then that's an issue you need to address with him, no matter what class level he's in. Is the yelling out answers something that is only happening during math (I think he has the same teacher - or is it a different teacher?)? I think I'd want to dig a bit deeper here, try to figure out what's behind the yelling out answers behavior and see if you can help your ds try to learn how to raise his hand and wait his turn. See if his teacher has any suggestions you can help with.

My suggestion re what you need (just in general) for the next PTC is showing that you're working to help your ds work toward not yelling out answers out of turn, and you need to have a good idea of what the 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade math curriculum is and where your ds falls within it.

Best wishes,

polarbear