Originally Posted by Pemberley
Last night we got home and she asked "Mom is it ok if I do some math on my iPad?" Seriously - my kid with every LD in the book - including a math disability - was asking to do math. For fun. On a Friday night. I could not believe it!!!!

Originally Posted by Pemberley
She actually asked to able to read aloud with the other kids in the 8th grade group so she will need text and audio. I can't believe I really just typed that. I am just so amazed.

I'm so happy for your DD. smile I know things aren't perfect and there is a lot of work to be done but it sounds like she is moving forwards and that onto itself is amazing after all that she has gone through. I'm sure finally being placed at a school that believes in her made a lot of difference. Yay for her, her school, and her parents for embracing radical acceleration.

Sorry, not much help with math apps. We've tried a bunch but I was never happy with any of them. When it comes to math, my favorite is still DreamBox Learning. It gets visually "messy" time to time but I think if your DD can work through the visual confusion, it could be a good tool for her as the program works on getting students to understand and process mathematical concepts visually. The good news here is that they are releasing iPad version soon:

http://www.dreambox.com/ipad/