Reviving this thread in hopes I may be able to get recommendations of apps, etc to load now that we invested in an iPad for DD. She still has the one the district is providing for her out of district placement but the process of getting what she needs loaded has just been SO bogged down. We bought her one ourselves, as a supplement not a replacement, and told the school to load anything and everything they think may be useful. I think they're a bit gun-shy, though. We had been told for weeks that they had lists of apps they wanted to try but it seems they have so far only loaded a couple now that they have the second machine available to them.

Last night we got home and she asked "Mom is it ok if I do some math on my iPad?" Seriously - my kid with every LD in the book - including a math disability - was asking to do math. For fun. On a Friday night. I could not believe it!!!! There was no math app but she asked me to write an addition worksheet up for her so she could take a picture of it and write her answers on the screen.

Any recommendations for *fun* apps she can "play" without noticing that she is learning or reinforcing skills? The AT consultant recommended Luminocity for working memory issues but DD says "it's boring" and doesn't want to play it. She is now 6 weeks into this new school - which is going quite well - but she STILL doesn't have any audio books. She and DH are at the library now trying to load what she is reading in all 3 reading groups (2/3 grade for decoding, 5/6 grade for instructional and 8th grade for comprehension.) She actually asked to able to read aloud with the other kids in the 8th grade group so she will need text and audio. I can't believe I really just typed that. I am just so amazed.

So any suggested apps? As a reminder she is 8 (3rd grade) and has been labeled "NLD-ish" not because she really seems to have NLD but because the neuropsych said "it's easier than saying super high verbal along with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, math disability, etc." She has HUGE deficits in visual perception, working memory and processing speed. She also has fine motor deficits and speech impediments. They are working on keyboarding and voice-to-text but it is a slow, slow process.

I am also happy to have her access "just for fun" games and apps too. I think anything that increases her comfort level with the technology is probably going to be good for her. I am guessing it will also help in terms of the fine motor, visual perception and maybe even working memory depending on the game. She works so hard just on everyday tasks I want her to be able to just relax and have fun sometimes too.