My DD started Kinder at 5 and had similar issues due to asynchronous development with some of her school's staff. We luckily had the classroom teachers and the principal on our side because DD's academics were so strong. But where guidance counselors are concerned the old adage that goes 'when your only tool is a hammer everything looks like a nail' applies. They are so used to seeing 'normal' kids with social issues that they are often not even aware of how asynchronous development can manifest itself as 'social issues/immaturity'. Once our daughter skipped from 2nd to 4th all of her 'social issues/immaturity' evaporated - it was quite miraculous.

It sounds pretty rough for your daughter right now. The teacher's behaviour - walking away, instead of dealing with a potential bullying incident is frightful. Further, publicly and loudly accepting that your daughter will be/is bullied disgusts me and I am sure that you have an even stronger reaction.

In your shoes, I would not go to the scheduled meeting next week. If you mention all of the issues with this teacher there it will just look like defensiveness and be dismissed.

I would instead initiate another meeting between you and the district superintendent to discuss the teacher's apparent issue with your daughter and ask what they plan to do about it.

I would also recommend that you get your daughter privately tested so that you have hard facts on your side so that you don't get your daughter's right to a decent and appropriate education steamrolled and flushed down the toilet by the principal and this teacher.

Become what you are