Thank you all for the great advice and support. I'm taking notes. I'm so glad I found this site. If nothing else, I feel less alone.

This is the end of quarter parent-teacher conference, except that it's different for us. I guess because we're different. It will be at 7pm on a school night so that everyone can attend. And they requested DD be present, which we refused. That seems inappropriate, and it's a school night.

I don't know where the principal stands. I can't tell. She is protective of her teachers. It is a very close staff, which is why I fear changing teachers won't solve anything. Our board contact is really supportive, but she doesn't work in the school and is really busy.

I hate feeling that I have to reinvent the wheel for them. Has anyone actually brought books for staff? If so how did that work out? Isn't it strange that they have adapted to a zillion changes every year yet one child seems to throw the universe out of balance? My DH keeps saying, "Let's talk about the kindergartener, not the four-year-old."