aquinas, I'm sending you a virtual slice of triple chocolate cheesecake drenched in kahlua sauce along with a drink.

My DD is an extrovert so our struggle is a little different but I certainly feel your pain. DD keeps on getting burnt and it's hard to watch. It got worse for us after she turned 2 but I don't think it has to be that way. I thought I had to make DD get along with age-peers at all cost. I didn't want her to be one of those "weird" children who only knew how to get along with much older children and adults.

In many ways, we're still trying and it's still not working well. I guess we don't learn very quickly. DD seems to have made some progress with age-peers. She's learned to stay away and if they as in the trouble makers come seeking her attention, she ignores them or gives them the death stare. If we were to do this all over again, I think I'd have tried harder to convince SO that she needed to be in a 3-6 Montessori classroom when she was 2. She was potty trained and she was socially, emotionally, and cognitively ready. There wasn't much point in holding her back.